Friday 12 October 2012

Why I dislike the HTC One S

I owned the HTC One S for about 6 months and here is my story. As you may know I have owned many iphones and I am a HUGE fan! I then wanted something different and thought I would go for an android phone and got talked into buying the HTC One S. What a terrible mistake I had made!


When the phone first came I dropped it straight away, the phone is SO thin and slippy! I know this sounds strange but it really is very hard to handle and paper thin. I suppose a lot of you out there would prefer a thin phone but there is thin and then there is ridiculously thin! Every time I held the phone I was scared to death about dropping it on the hard pavement. I also feel like its a really bad copy of an iphone, it tries to be like one with its apps and so forth.

 I hated the horrid bar at the top that told you about new tweets and facebook messages and emails etc.. It was always full up and had to click the clear button to clear the clutter out. This is the same on all android phones so its not HTC at fault, but it really used to get on my nerves, a lot!

 One other HUGE problem for me was how often it broke! I remember when I got my new phone it lasted about 1 week before the wifi completely stopped working! I got onto O2 who were helpful in getting a courier out to replace it. The courier had my new HTC One S with him and gave it to me. This new phone lasted about 2 months before it completely died on me! It just would not turn on or anything, i was fuming as I have loads of important meeting in my calender and O2 said they would have to take it off me again and try to repair this time, so I was without a phone for 5 days. O2 then said it was completely stuffed and gave me a brand new one, I asked for a different phone but was told that I had to have the same one as they offer like for like to my bitter disappointment!



Every time I held or used the phone I used to get peed off, it was really glitchy and was always either running slow or crashing, i really hated this phone! To top it off when I used to get calls it would drop out quite a bit and I would have to ring them back. My dad could not ever ring me on the phone as it would never let his number through for whatever reason. Over all I cannot stand either HTC phones or Android operating systems! I really fancied a change when I decided to go for the HTC One S and I really wish I had stuck with the good old iphone! I am still in contract for another 6 months at least and could not stand another minute with this awful phone so I bought a very cheap Nokia C2 05 for £30 and I love this phone! It is not trying to be something its not and it works great! I will do a review on this phone very soon!

Would I recommend buying a android or HTC? Not if your life depended on it! Thanks for reading and I hope it has helped you in your decision.

2 comments:

  1. Thanks Matt for the review.You have made my mind up for me Iphone all the way.Keep up the good work
    on helping people like me avoid the rubbish that is currently on the market.
    Wayne

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for your comment Wayne, thanks for taking the time to read my blog :)

    all the best (73)

    Matt

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...